As part of our on-going commitment to our provider network, BHSSBC offers free behavioral health trainings on various topics that promote service excellence by improving staff competencies and quality of service. Trainings are offered FREE to PerformCare provider agencies, schools, human service agencies, and community organizations that serve Bedford and Somerset county residents.
All current trainings are listed on the calendar below. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a copy of the current training calendar.
CRISIS PREVENTION/INTERVENTION, RISK ASSESSMENT, AND SAFETY PLANNING TRAINING 9:00 am
CRISIS PREVENTION/INTERVENTION, RISK ASSESSMENT, AND SAFETY PLANNING TRAINING @ Somerset Country Club
May 2 @ 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Motivational Interviewing: Skill Building Workshop 9:00 am
Motivational Interviewing: Skill Building Workshop @ Somerset Country Club
May 10 @ 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
AM All Stressed Up and No One to Choke – Karen Vadino 9:00 am
AM All Stressed Up and No One to Choke – Karen Vadino @ Somerset Country Club
May 29 @ 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
PM All Stressed Up and No One to Choke – Karen Vadino 1:00 pm
PM All Stressed Up and No One to Choke – Karen Vadino @ Somerset Country Club
May 29 @ 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Coffee and water will be provided. If you attend a full day training, lunch will be on your own.
Training Cancellation Policy
If the Bedford School District and/or the Somerset Area School District have a two-hour delay or cancellation on the day of a scheduled training, the training will be cancelled for that day. BHSSBC staff will contact you about rescheduling.
BHSSBC offers the following continuing education units (CEU’s) for most trainings:
- Pennsylvania Certification Board (PCB) CEU’s are provided to all participants at no cost. These CEU’s can be used towards the certification requirements for Certified Peer Specialists, Certified Addictions Counselor (CADC), and Certified Co-Occurring Disorders Professional (CCDP).
- Act 48 credits are available at no cost and are processed through the Appalachia IU-8. If you need ACT 48 credits, the following steps need completed:
- On the day of the training, you must sign in when arriving at the training and sign out at the end of the training. The completed sign-in sheets are required for processing.
- You must complete the Continuing Professional Education Learning Experience Evaluation – PA Department of Education and Appalachia Intermediate Unit 8 form.
- You must complete the IU-8 Act 48 Data Form and include your PPID number on the form.
- BHSSBC submits all required paperwork to the Appalachia IU-8 who processes the credits and sends you the certificate.
- Social Work Continuing Education Credits (LSW, LCSW, LPC, LMFT) CEU’s are provided through the University of Pittsburgh and cost $10.
- The $10 fee is payable in advance to BHSSBC and then we submit one check to the University of Pittsburgh. The fee is non-refundable if you are unable to attend the training. All fees should be paid to: BHSSBC, 245 West Race Street, Somerset, PA 15501 ATTENTION: MISSY STEPHENS.
- On the day of the training, you must sign in when arriving at the training. The completed sign-in sheets are required for processing the CEU paperwork.
- After the training, BHSSBC sends the information to the University of Pittsburgh who processes the CEU’s and will mail you the certificates to the address that was provided during the registration. It takes approximately a minimum of six to eight weeks following a training for the paperwork to be processed.