Effective July 1, 2014, BHSSBC changed to a full-risk model and contracted with PerformCare as an Administrative Service Organization (ASO) performing defined administrative functions. BHSSBC provides oversight and monitoring of all PerformCare’s activities to ensure full compliance with its contract with DHS.
PerformCare’s role is to:
- Improve Access to Care
- Improve Quality of Care
- Manage Care
- Pay Claims
PerformCare manages the provider network that delivers the approved services. All providers are credentialed for the level of care they deliver.
- PerformCare monitors the Member’s progress in the treatment being provided as well as the Provider’s development of aftercare plans to ensure the Member’s needs are being met.
- The Provider provides the day-to-day treatment, interventions, and plans for the Member’s discharge to the least intrusive service.
- PerformCare determines if the requested service meets the State’s established medical necessity criteria.
PerformCare Corporate Headquarters
Clover Hill Business Park
8040 Carlson Road
Harrisburg, PA 17112
PerformCare’s Member Services # 866-773-7891
PerformCare provider line: 888-700-7370
PerformCare Online Provider Directory
To locate an approved behavioral health or substance use treatment provider in network with PerformCare, click here: http://performcarepa.prismisp.com/?brandcode=pcpa
United Way of the Laurel Highlands
The United Way of the Laurel Highlands advances the common good by creating opportunities for a better life for all. Their focus is on education, income, and health, because they are the building blocks for a successful life. BHSSBC has been a partner agency with the United Way of the Laurel Highlands since 2012 and is committed to addressing the five identified community priorities:
- Helping children and youth succeed
- Strengthening and supporting families
- Promoting self sufficiency
- Supporting vulnerable and aging populations
- Promoting health and wellness