HealthChoices reinvestment funds provide a unique opportunity for a financial incentive to:
- reward sound financial management practices,
- allow the creative use of funds to fill identified gaps in our service system,
- test new innovative treatment approaches,
- develop cost-effective alternatives to traditional services, and
- develop supplemental services and approved specialized services that are not in-plan and would not be available in-plan.
The Commonwealth uses reinvestment funds to achieve continuous quality improvement of a comprehensive treatment system that supports recovery for persons and families with mental health, drug and/or alcohol treatment needs.
At the end of each calendar year, BHSSBC can apply to the Office of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services (OMHSAS) to retain capitation revenue and investment income that was not spent during the contract year. Once a reinvestment plan is approved, these funds can be used to reinvest in programs and services in our communities.
Current Approved Reinvestment Plans
Social Determinants of Health
Transition Age Youth – Assertive Community Treatment (TAY-ACT)